Can Fin WA negotiate with the Department and other government departments on my behalf?

As part of our work with you Fin WA will negotiate for you with the Department, although it is our aim to help you develop the confidence and skills necessary to communicate confidently with the Department. It may be necessary for us to begin by some mediation first with the aim being you and the department will develop a workable relationship. We will also assist, where appropriate with other government departments and agencies on your behalf – at all times working with you about your own negotiation skills.

Return to Birth Parents FAQs