How do I complain about a Care Plan?

If you are unhappy about decisions made at a Care Plan you first need to discuss this with the facilitator of the meeting – this is usually the team leader. However if you are not satisfied you may apply for a Case Review Panel to consider your complaint.

You can submit a Case Review Panel Application Form stating which decisions you want reviewed and why. You do not have to give a lot of detail but you will need to physically attend a ‘panel hearing’ and speak about your concerns yourself. You can take a support person with you. Applications for reviews should be submitted within 14 days after receiving the Care Plan but if you need an extension of time call the CRP and explain why.

Contact the CRP on (08) 9222 2593

Return to Birth Parents FAQs