What can I do if the Department suddenly changes access arrangements with me?

If your access (or contact) arrangements are changed at short notice it may be due to your child or the transport worker being ill – or there may be some other explanation; occasionally these things are due to circumstances and not in anyone’s control. However we would hope that the Department would inform you as soon as possible regarding any necessary changes.

If the contact arrangements are changed without your involvement it would be wise in the first instance to raise this concern with the case worker and discuss any problems this may be creating for you. If you are not satisfied with the outcome you can approach the team leader of your case to discuss the situation.

If you are still not satisfied you can go to the Complaints Management Unit and submit a formal complaint. Alternatively, have a look at our “How do I make a complaint?” page.

Return to Birth Parents FAQs