Is there anything I can do to help?

There are a number of things you can do to help children, parents and family members. You can become a member of Fin WA which promotes the rights of a child to have their parent, family and community involved in the child protection process; talk with your own family, friends and colleagues about understanding the needs of families in our community who are particularly vulnerable and involved with child protection. This will help to reduce the stigma attached to families and break down the misconceptions that community has about disadvantaged families. You can also discuss with people the importance of more positive and effective services for families to reduce the disadvantage experienced by families which often means many of them are isolated and unsupported.

Return to General Public FAQs