Does Fin WA provide counselling?

Fin WA does not provide ongoing therapeutic counselling as part of its service to parents. It is understood they may need to talk issues through with a qualified counsellor at some point and referrals will be made in consultation with the parent.

If parents have been assigned a Fin WA support/advocate worker they are encouraged to call them to talk things through to provide support and brief crisis counselling as required.

Return to Referring Professionals FAQs